Weston L. Yeatts, Jr., Agent
Get in touch!
Willie Morris Agency
Fax: (434) 292-1273
Get the Membership Advantage
Get Farm Bureau Insurance®
Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance® prides itself on providing our members and policyholders with genuine personal service and fast claims processing. By maintaining an expansive network of local agents across the state, we can better serve you, because we live and work in our local communities.
Winston is originally from Burkeville, Virginia, he now resides in Crewe with his wife, Mary Ellen. He has two daughters, Meredith and Brandy and recently became a grandfather for the first time to Ava. Winston graduated from Virginia Tech in 1977 with a BS in Biology. Winston has been with Farm Bureau since 1981 and has enjoyed helping those in the Blackstone area with their insurance needs and looks forward to helping you.
Interests & Links
Below are some links to websites as well as some of my interests:
- Ukraine may have to go nuclear, says Kiev lawmaker
- Court ruling in land dispute could threaten bike trails
- Liam Neeson is taken with NY's horse-drawn carriages
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would have killed me, too
- We still don't know what happened to flight MH370
Virginia Dep't of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association Selects State Veterinarian Richard Wilkes, D.V.M., As Distinguished Veterinarian of the Year
- Roos Foods Voluntarily Recalls Variety of Cheeses Due to Possible Health Risk
- USDA 2012 Census: Market Value of Production on Virginia Farms Up Almost $1 Billion
- Virginia Officials Warn Consumers Not to Eat Cheeses Made by Roos Foods Due to Possible Health Risk
- Listeria found in Cheese in Northern Virginia
Products & Services
The Advantage Blog
February 26th - National Pistachio Day
Updated: February 26, 2014
I bet you didn’t know it, but February 26th is National Pistachio Day. And if you’ve ever tasted a pistachio before, you’ll agree that they definitely deserve their own day of recognition! Not only does this tiny nut pack a bunch of flavor, it’s also chalk full of benefits for your health!
Here are a few fun facts about the pistachio:
- They grow on trees and are native to the Middle East
- You gotta’ have patience! A pistachio tree takes 7-10 years to mature.
- Pistachios are harvested in September by machines that shake the trees and it takes less than a minute!
- People in the Middle East call it the “smiling nut” and in China it’s called the “happy nut”. Take a taste and you’ll see why!
- Pistachios are nutritious, so eat them up!
Snacking on pistachios is one of the healthier options in the nut family. They contain fewer calories and more potassium and vitamin K per serving than other varieties of nuts. They can help lower your cholesterol, and they also contain l-arginine, which can make the lining of your arteries more flexible. Which means you are less likely to develop blood clots that could cause a heart attack (remember it’s also American Heart Month). And since we are still in the early part of 2014, we should all be mindful of the dreaded scale! Pistachios can help with weight management because the fiber content makes them more filling and will help you sustain that full feeling throughout the day.
If you want to reap the benefits of all that the pistachio has to offer but don’t necessarily care for the taste of the plain nut, there are a variety of ways that you can incorporate them into other dishes. Here is a great recipe found on Food.com that includes pistachios, Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes. Make sure celebrate National Pistachio Day today by cracking open this nutritious nut and don’t forget to share!